code of ethics + terms and conditions
code of ethics
We respectully request that you read the Code of Ethics below before you arrive at Bliss Boogie:
- Listen for a clear “yes” and be conscious of any changes in consent. YES! A “yes” is a yes and everything else is a “no”. A “yes” can shift to “maybe” or “no” in one sitting.
- “No” is a complete sentence. When we hear “no” we should respond with, “Thank you for taking care of yourself.” Just because bliss is available doesn’t mean everyone wants to share it with you, or share it in the way you want.
- Don’t take someone else’s choice personally! Their reason for saying “no” may be private and have nothing to do with you.
- Ask before hugging someone. Check their wristband to see what level of touch they’re open to before you approach. Talking about what someone is open to experiencing and exploring with you can be super sexy!
- Take the time to check in with yourself and others to fully feel the spaces you are creating. It’s easier to avoid breaking boundaries when we are fully embodied and taking the care to stay grounded and clear. Don’t rush in, and stay connected.
- Making mistakes is part of the road to bliss. It’s how we handle those mistakes that make our lives more blissful. Clean up your mess, listen, and be ready for feedback.
- Being your WHOLE self is beautiful, and the only way to be. Do that and own it.Being comfortable with where you are on your journey, with room to grow, is the sweet spot.
- Be honest. Tell the truth if you’re in a relationship, and be clear about your expectations and desires. If you move into a sexual connection, discuss any health risks.
- Lead and leave with love. Let’s leave one another better than when we got here. When the time comes to complete an interaction, leave yourself and others feeling heard, seen, and honored. Respect yourself, the land, and your tribemates.
Safety Is Sexy! Bliss should be available to all of us, and Bliss Boogie is here to create that safe space.
This is a sober event. The event involves topics that are provocative in nature and at times challenging to process. Bliss will require your body & mind to be fully present!
As a simple yet powerful gesture to thank others for sharing themselves, courageous interactions allow us to know ourselves better. Before you arrive at the event, take the time to meditate on these principles:
CONSENT is the first and most important step to sharing Bliss.
“YES!” A “yes” means yes, and everything else means “NO.”
“Yes” can shift into “Maybe” or “No” at any time. We all need to respect that.
BLESSINGS ON YOUR JOURNEY!
May Bliss boogie bring your deepest, most blissful experience to date.
Terms & Conditions
Bliss Boogie will be held rain or shine! Please read this page carefully in full. By registering, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this event.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations before March 1, 2024 are eligible for a 50% refund. From March 1, 2024 and beyond, no refunds will be offered.
Assumption of Risk & Hold Harmless Agreement
PARTICIPANT RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM FOR THE BLISS BOOGIE FESTIVAL. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) releases Bliss Boogie Production, LLC, (“Bliss Boogie”), each of its members, managers, employees, and agents. By undersigning below, the Participant does hereby give my consent to their participation in all activities of the Bliss Boogie Festival (“Festival”). Participant is responsible for their own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of participation in activities of the Festival.
1. Waiver and Release: Participant release and forever discharge and hold harmless Bliss Boogie, its members, managers, employees, and agents, and its successors and assigns (collectively “Bliss Boogie”) from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the activities as a participant in the Festival, including claims arising out of negligence. Participant understands and acknowledges that this Release discharges Bliss Boogie from any liability or claim that they may have against Bliss Boogie with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the Participant’s involvement in the Festival.
2. Insurance: Participant is covered by primary medical insurance and understand that I am responsible for the Participant’s medical bills if injury occurs. Further, Participant understands that Bliss Boogie does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide the Participant with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of the Participant’s injury, illness, death or damage to his or her property. Participant expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Bliss Boogie beyond what may be offered freely by Bliss Boogie in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by the Participant.
3. Assumption of Risk: Participant understands that the activities included in the Festival and which the Participant is involved in may include activities that are inherently dangerous to the Participant, including but not limited to physical injury, psycho-emotional injury, infliction of emotional duress, alienation of affection. Participant acknowledges the Festival will contain sexually explicit content and all participation is by their own free will. Participant hereby expressly assumes the risk of injury or harm of the Participant from these activities and release Bliss Boogie from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from these activities.
4. Photographic Release: Participant grants and conveys to Bliss Boogie all right, title, and interest in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of the Participant or their likeness or voice made by Bliss Boogie in connection with the Participant’s involvement in the Festival, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
5. Medical Treatment: Participant hereby releases and forever discharges Bliss Boogie from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during the Participant’s activity in the Festival. Participant gives their consent for Bliss Boogie to provide, administer, or obtain medical treatment for the Participant.
6. Other: Participant expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of North Carolina and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina and all such suits, actions or arbitrations shall be conducted in Wake County, North Carolina. Participant agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By registering, I (“Participant”), express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability knowingly and voluntarily and my own free will.